Please click on a coach for more information. If you are a reader seeking a coach or considering joining Sale Harriers, your first step is to go to the CONTACTS page. There, please email the appropriate coach/team manager who’ll advise and direct you to the best one for you.
Keith Hunter (Level 3)
Long Jump / Triple Jump / Sprints
- In 2005, moved to Sportcity to start a jumps group and launched a new concept called "Core Principles", which stands for Commitment, Ownership, Responsibility & Excellence and encompasses all the qualities I expect from an athlete and coach.
- In 2006, was asked by Sale Harriers to coach Under 17 boys & girls.
- In 2007, was appointed Head Jumps coach for England Athletics NW Regional & Counties.
- In 2010, was appointed National Coach Mentor for Horizontal Jumps NW and saw the early success of the Core Principles concept by winning 3 Gold Medals at AAA which included 2 jumps. Ahtollah Rose broke the Championship triple jump record and sprinter Clovis Asong broke the National record.
- Also in 2010 Sale Harriers Jumps (with the pole vaulting group coached by Julian Rafelli) were voted UK's best jumps group by Athletics Weekly.
- As a result of the "Core Principle" success, in 2011 Ahtollah Rose, James Davies and Clovis Asong won national AAA titles; four won English Schools titles and two won Welsh championships titles. Clovis Asong and Ahtollah Rose were further selected to represent GB at the European Junior Championships and Clovis Asong won Gold at the European Youth Olympics & Commonwealth Youth Games with championship record performances.
- In 2011 set up a new sprints group further utilizing the Core Principles concept.
- Voted Greater Manchester Coach for 2011.
|I was part of an extra ordinary group of young jumpers in the late 70's at Birchfield Harriers, of which one was Aston Moore, the current coach of Phillips Idowu, GB's number one triple jumper. In 1984, unbeaten for two years as a Long Jumper and No.1 in the country, I quit to concentrate on my Graphic design degree. In 2002, I returned to athletics to be mentored by several Sale Harriers coaches, Dave Brown, then Barry, Ann & Harry.
|Don't try and do it all on your own - organisation is the key. Utilizing the Core Principles, I write a personal program for each athlete over 16, designed so that I can monitor them doing the exercises correctly and enlisting the help of other assistant coaches when necessary to achieve this.
||12 - 23
|Day & Time:
||6pm - 7:40pm
|Day & Time:
||7:40pm - 9pm
||07974 591 299